top of page

Page Title

Emergency contacts

Emergency services: Police, Fire and Ambulance Services
Emergency – 999
Non-emergency – 101
Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or speech impaired callers using a Textphone (minicom) should dial 18000 in an emergency.

East Dunbartonshire Council

Operating Council offices will be closed from Friday 24th December 2021 and will re-open on Wednesday 5th January 2022.

The council emergency response centre will remain open 24/7 throughout the festive period for emergencies. It can be reached on 0300 123 4510 


Or for general information, please see:

Health & Wellbeing

There are many ways for you to get in touch with the NHS, please visit

You can also follow the links below to a range of organisations that assist with health and wellbeing.


Advice for pregnant women

Or contact your midwife if you have concerns.


Scottish Association for Mental Health


Scottish Women’s Aid Helpline


Samaritans Scotland Helpline


East Dunbartonshire Women's Aid


Domestic Abuse helpline

Other important contacts

The following links are to organisations that could be of assistance with a range of issues.


East Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

CAB offices will be closed from Friday, 24th December and will reopen on Wednesday, 5th January 2022.


For assistance during this time, you can contact the OPAL helpline which will remain open (only closing on the public holidays of 27th/28th December and 3rd/4th January 2022.

OPAL is a cooperative venture between Ceartas, East Dunbartonshire CAB, Carers Link, and EDVA.

Call OPAL on 0141 438 2347


East Dunbartonshire Foodbank


Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

Universal Credit: you can use your Universal Credit online account to contact the DWP or call 0800 328 5644 (textphone 0800 328 1344)

Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) –

call 0800 169 0310 (textphone 0800 328 1344)

All other DWP benefits – contact details can be found on


Employment rights advice / 0300 123 1100
Relay UK: 18001 0300 123 11000

Childrens Reporter.png

Scottish Children's Reporter Administration


Employment rights advice

One Parent Families.png

One Parent Families Scotland


Law Society of Scotland
(legal matters)


Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)

Pollution Hotline 0800 80 70

Age Scotland.png

Age Scotland Friendship Line

0800 12 44 222

Available to anyone over 50 in need of a friendly chat or blether. Calls are completely free, and lines are open Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
Regular return calls can also be booked.


People's Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA)


For issues relating to electricity, gas, or water supply. 

Scottish Water.png

Scottish Water

Issues with supply: 0800 077 8778


National Gas Emergency Service


Electricity Emergency

0800 092 9290 (from landlines) / 0330 1010 222 (from mobiles)

Home Energy Scotland.png

Struggling with energy bills?
Home Energy Scotland

Helpful online advice

You can get information and advice at the following links. 


Citizens Advice Scotland

Money map.png

Money Map (financial support)
from Citizens Advice Scotland

Community centres – Festive opening times

Kirkintilloch Centre at the Baptist Church

Closed Monday 27th December and Monday 3rd January.

Otherwise, open as usual – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 2pm until 4pm.

Lennoxtown Centre at the Free Church

Closed Friday 24th December and Friday 31st December.

Extra days open – Wednesday 22nd December and Wednesday 29th December, 11am until 1pm.

Returning to usual Friday openings from 7th January.


Milngavie Centre at St Joseph’s Church

Open as usual on Friday 24th December and Friday 31st December.

Open as usual on Sunday 26th December and Sunday 2nd January, 12.45pm until 1.30pm.


Colston Wellpark Church Centre

Closed Monday 27th December and Monday 3rd January.

Open on Fridays 24th and 31st December, 2pm until 4pm as usual.

bottom of page